Become a Peer Advisor
Listen. Advise. Advocate.
As a Peer Advisor (PA), you will...
#1: work during summer orientation.
#2: advise during fall and spring semesters.
#3: be a leader among fellow Jayhawks.
#4: advocate for fellow Jayhawks.
#5: become a member of the UAC family.
Open positions will be posted within the KU jobs student portal.
Peer Advisor Required Qualifications
- Must be a KU undergraduate student and have completed 30 credit hours by time of employment.
- Must have and maintain a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA and be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours during each semester.
- Available to work during the summer and academic year school year.
Peer Advisors are asked to be available for the following times throughout the year: keep this in mind while you are applying to our program.
Mid-April (selected dates): Recommended April Orientation shadowing
End of May: Mandatory PA Training. There is also one mandatory Saturday, half-day training
June - mid-July (Summer Orientation dates): Work 6-8 hours on each orientation day (If taking summer classes, we will schedule your work hours around your class schedule).
August (week before classes begin): Final August Orientation and Open Enrollment dates
Academic year hours: Dates classes are in session. Available to work 8-10 hours each week. Work hours will be scheduled around your class schedule.
- 25-35 hours/week during the summer term
- 8-10 hours/week during the academic year
- Pay: $9.00 an hour