Being a Peer Advisors means being an expert navigator, an ally, and a year round resource to fellow Jayhawks.
Peer Advisors are often the hub of information for the Undergraduate Advising Center. They have a very direct connection to campus and what is happening in our academic community. Simply - they know everything!
PA's are a student resource that can be seen year round. They are team of experts with lived experiences in a variety of majors.
What is the "core" of the KU experience? Being a student and being connected. They live it and can help you find it.
Common Advising duties
- Help students make semester goals and plans
- Navigate campus resources and processes
- Figure out GPA's
- Explore majors!
- Make a road map to professional school admission
- Discover passions and career interests with students
- Listen to students who are having current semester issues
- Talk about important study skills
- Help students find a balance between school and involvement