• Home
  • Transfering to KU

Thinking about coming to KU?

If so, great! Whether you've earned a few credits or have completed an Associate degree, we're here to help you make a smooth transition to the next stage of your educational career.

How do I transfer to KU?

Students who are citizens of the United States can apply to KU by going to the Office of Admissions. Students who are not a US citizen or US permanent resident, refugee, or political asylee should apply through International Student Services.

Will my credits transfer?

You can find out what KU credits you have earned by checking out CredTran, the transfer equivalency guide. To get credit at KU for previous courses, you must submit an official transcript from all institutions. Some courses, such as vocational, technical, or remedial classes, do not qualify for KU credit. The Kansas Board of Regents has approved dozens of courses that are guaranteed to transfer to KU from any Kansas institution. To view those courses please click here.

I'm thinking about coming to KU, but haven't made a decision yet. Can I meet with an advisor?

Yes, we often speak with students who have yet to make a decision about attending KU. First, set up an appointment through Office of Admissions and mention that you would like to speak with an advisor at the Undergraduate Advising Center. They will ensure that you have an appointment with us during your visit to KU.

Looking forward to seeing you!

JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.
KU Today