Responsibilities After Your Appointment
After an appointment with our office there are some things you are responsible for and follow through on. You can also expect an email from your advisor with a survey to provide us feedback about your visit. We value your input on your advising experience and want to hear from you so we can improve our services.
- All advisors will type advising notes about your appointment. These notes are there for you to reference if you are unsure about your next steps, including courses and referrals the advisor discussed with you. These notes can be found in your myKU Portal in the MyProgress tab under Shared Advising Notes. Click here to view a video on how to view your advising notes.
- If your appointment was about enrolling for the next semester it is important that you have all your enrollment holds removed and know your enrollment date and time. Your advising appointment is not your enrollment appointment meaning you do not enroll in classes in your appointment. You will enroll on your own after your advising appointment. If you would like a video tutorial on how to navigate Enroll and Pay, please click here. To learn how to utilize the Schedule Planner to help create a weekly schedule with your chosen classes click here. View more information about enrollment on our website.
- Visit our Helpful Resources page to view links to offices that may be helpful to you.
- Schedule a follow up appointment! It is never to soon so have another appointment and we would want to check in to see how things are going.
- Want help from a Peer Advisor? You can also schedule with a Peer Advisor or come see them as a drop in appointment. Peer Advisors are available for drop ins during regular business hours M-F 8am-4:30pm and Sunday-Thursday 5pm-9pm in Anschutz 320B and Daisy Hill Commons 2nd floor office.